Thursday, July 1, 2010

2: The night of...

The night of the accident, I had gotten off my shift volunteering at Phantom Galleries LA in downtown Long Beach. I took a trip to the art store in the area and bumped into a friend who was heading to a show of local bands. I decided to stay till 8pm...light enough outside to get home before dark, but long enough to hear a few sets.

Here are a few sketches from that night. I hope to scan these in later so they're clearer. The colors are much brighter in real life since I'm using Faber Castell markers.

Monique and Pearla


Indie girls in purple


Indie girls in pretty dresses

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Today has been really weird. I woke up very disoriented, thought I was in Micah's room in Victorville instead of mine in Long Beach. I got up to go to the bathroom and stood at the doorway for a few minutes, shocked and confused that I wasn't in the hallway in his house. After that, I fell asleep in the bathroom for a while. (Is this kinda gross? Sorry for the TMI. Please don't unfollow me! LOL)

All afternoon I'd think things like "I'll ask Micah to come see me after work since he's only 15 away from me" or "I left my favorite tank top at his house, I'll make it bring it to me" forgetting that I'm now like...2 hours away.

The worst part, though, is that I fell asleep through my mid-day medicine alarm. I woke up about 3 hours after all the pain-killers had left my system in totally agony. Everything hurt, even my sides and butt. Its so easy to take the pain meds for granted and think I don't really need them anymore or that I'm getting better...until the effects are gone and I feel the pain full force.

I guess the upside to this whole thing is that I've got this huge box inside me that's just bursting full with ideas of new paintings and comics. Hopefully when my arm finally heals up, I can dive head first back into the world of art and be super productive! All production of minis, new prints, stickers and buttons for the Comic Con in October has grinded to a halt so...productivity will be a very good thing.

3 comments:

  1. *hugs*

    I'm sure you will be feeling much better really soon! And having loads of ideas for projects is great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Pili. My dad went out and bought a ton of oranges and mangos after your comment on eating more fruit. Its totally helped and I'm way more regular now, plus I don't have to stop taking the meds just to be able to go! Thanks so much for your advice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If I had a magic lamp, I'd give you all three wishes, Sheika. Feel better.

    ReplyDelete