Wednesday, July 7, 2010

8: SIlly songs, gifts and a connection!

I wasn't able to update yesterday. Waaaaay too tired out by the whole x-ray and going out in public thing. Pretty much spent it asleep. Anywho, here's the picture I promised of the gifts Micah got me! He also came by yesterday and brought me ice ream. Yummmm!

Awesome lace gloves and huge purple butterfly earrings!

Another development, I have a new phone! My sad old dinosaur of a phone (I couldn't even get pictures in text! It was all black and white, no color!) has been retired and I have myself a fancy new smart-phone. I think its my mom's way of saying "Here's a nice new phone for your birthday and to make up for you getting hit by a car." LOL

I made up a song for Micah on a guitar app I downloaded (Yes, I'm dorky like that) and its called "Your Love is Like Bacon." You can watch/listen to it on facebook or right here:



-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Oh and guess who I talked to today? April Nash of Introducing April! She's a fellow auto bio comic blogger who is also working on a graphic novel -- a re-telling of Oz. We've commented on each others' work many times before and been friends on Facebook but we've never had a conversation in real-time.

It was very different. Even though we're a million miles away and in separate countries, it felt like a real connection with a friend. She's always been one of my favorite bloggers and is super duper nice. It was just so great to talk to her. I don't know how she feels about me...I hope I didn't scare her away. LOL

All in all, this is quite a happy blog post! I need more of days like this. My leg is feeling so much better and my hand has stopped twitching so often. My Dr. prescribed some anti-inflammatory meds which is probably why I'm doing so good. Hope this goes on for a while

3 comments:

  1. Awww, aren't you just the cutest lil thing!? =D

    And yay for anti-inflammatory meds!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. no way did I think you were scary! :D it was really good to chat to you today! And I'm really pleased that you're feeling better today! :D I'm gonna now check out your song! :) I think it's adorable that you did that... and WELL jealous of the new phone! that'll definately keep you entertained for a while! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you're perking up a bit. The little things really help sometimes.

    ReplyDelete