Saturday, July 17, 2010

15: Progress and lists

Look what I've been up to! I used to be able to bust out  4-5 pages a day but with arm the way it is, I have to stop every 15 minutes or so as my entire arm starts spasming. I'm hoping to see my Dr. soon. I had some slight carpal tunnel before the accident but I'm worried it may be getting worse with the bruising/impact. As it is, I'm putting out about a page a day.

This is my (hopefully soon to be finished) mini-comic "Love Junkies." As you can see from the sketches, it features a girl and a robot and more than just a few hearts. :D


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I like lists. Lists are fun to drum up and help keep me focused. When I was younger, I assumed the point of a list was to complete every single item on it. These days, I think of lists more as a guide of what I want/need to do, a way to visually manage my time and keep me from getting too lazy. The chance to strike something off also gives a much-needed boost on extra-busy days.

My to do list these days look like this:
* Scan 10/120 pages of OMGcow
* Scan 30/120 pages of OMGcow
* Scan 50/120 pages of OMGcow
* Scan 70/120 pages of OMGcow
* Scan 90/120 pages of OMGcow
* Scan 120/120 pages of OMGcow
* Draw intro comic
* Scan intro comic
* Prep OMGcow for printing
* Send OMGcow for printing
* Finish Love Junkies
* Scan and format Love Junkies
* Print, fold + staple Love Junkies
* Finish Crab & Manatee
* Scan and format Crab & Manatee
* Print, fold + staple Crab & Manatee
* Finish ultra-minis
* Print + fold ultra-minis
* Finish pin designs
* Scan + format pin designs
* Send pin designs for printing
* Finish RAWR card designs
* Scan + format RAWR card designs
* Send RAWR card designs for printing
* Finish Love/Says card designs
* Scan + format Love/Says card designs
* Send Love/Says card designs for printing
* Purchase OMG.com
* Finish comics for 1st year
* Start on 2nd year sketches
* Decide on Merch for LBComicCon
* Order table supplies for LBComicCon
* Make background for LBComicCon
* Make promo card/flyers/free minis
* Go to LBComicCon
* Find Cons for next year
*Apply to Cons for next year


Phew. I didn't realize how much there was to do until I typed it all up.

2 comments:

  1. That's a lot of stuff to do. You should look into getting an assistant or an intern or something.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you truly are going to overwork yourself, miss!
    But yay for getting back into work, even if it has to be at a slower pace! Slowly but surely, dear, you're still recovering!!

    ReplyDelete