Tuesday, August 17, 2010

29: Worst Day Ever

Yesterday was absolutely miserable and I don't expect today to be any better.

I walk a lot faster with just one crutch so I figured that would be all I needed. A few hours in and I was so exhausted, I was walking at a snail's pace. My messenger bag, which is normally a breeze to carry around, hurt my back so much. I think it was the funky angle I have to walk due to leaning on the crutch. Today I'll be trying two crutches. Its  a slower walk but I don't get as tired because I can lean on them.

The commute was the worst. Crossing Long Beach Blvd and Carson was awful. Huge streets with impatient drivers honking at me the entire time.

Yesterday, I did all of it in the daytime because a friend gave me a ride home. I'm terrified of the commute tonight. Urgh. Taking that week or two off school is starting to sound a lot better.

2 comments:

  1. *hugs*

    I really hope it'll go better, and maybe taking one week off will help you since your leg is surely to get better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. *BIG HUG* Sorry you had a rough day, kid.

    ReplyDelete