Friday, September 3, 2010

36: Busy busy busy

Its been really busy over here at Sheikasaurus Rex land. In addition to the massive amounts of schoolwork, I've got the toning and prepping of OMGcow, mini-comics and 4 paintings to complete, and a Con to prepare for (and attend!)

As much as I hate to, I think I'm putting OMGcow on hiatus after the final comic of the First Year is done. There was a point in the middle of the first year where I had so much going on, I couldn't devote enough time to OMGcow. What resulted were sub-par comics that I am absolutely embarrassed to call mine. Rather than start the second year with comics made just for the sake of updating, with no thought to quality, I think a hiatus would be better.

In the meantime, here are some more sketches done in Life Drawing class. This was our first male model and it was almost shocking how different the muscle masses of the male body are from females. It was incredibly difficult and frustrating, especially since class was cut short.

2 comments:

  1. The shading in the piece on the right is amazing. Good luck with getting all your stuff done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Best of luck with getting as much done as possible! And an hiatus sounds like a good idea, you have to like what you're doing!

    ReplyDelete